View Single Post
      08-27-2020, 05:34 PM   #5
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I brought up the Zoom thing because on the first day for many school districts it was a total disaster as anyone who is in IT would have already predicted. There were massive outages.

On top of that there have been discussion of some school districts that still don't have enough laptops to hand out to students. Again this is not surprising either as I'm in IT sales into the Federal Government. Even the Feds are running into supply problems.

I've said it in other threads. These school officials had months to figure something out and base it purely on science. What we're finding out is they waited till the last minute and they're not basing their decisions on any science.

The school district my daughter is in waited till the last minute and also disregarded the wishes of parents to do a hybrid approach. I'm just glad we were not locked out of the private school program as there were only 3 slots left when we enrolled her. These private schools/daycare have been open the entire time since the shutdowns happened and not one of them have reported any out breaks or issues. These private institutions were able to figure it out.
Appreciate 0