View Single Post
      08-27-2020, 10:52 PM   #9
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Fairfax County, VA had a dedicated online learning system that was an abysmal failure when they rolled over to it after the shutdowns. Those that are aware of the DC Metro area know that Fairfax County is not a poor county. What did the school officials do when they met to discuss the epic fail of their online system? They chose to point fingers at the vendor instead of owning their fail. Because apparently, the vendor had documentation that they told Fairfax to implement needed patches well before this pandemic they chose to ignore.

I'm only talking through the lens of my daughter who is entering kindergarten. To expect online to even be remotely beneficial for kids that age is wishful thinking. Lost in all these hap hazard blanket decisions is the significant impacts it presents for very young children which require in class learning or special ed students. I'm sucking up the cost of paying for private school that I didn't expect to pay to make sure my daughter has the proper education. I'm just fortunate that I can pay for it. Many can't and I feel for those parents. And because these school systems didn't do their job and come up with a plan early enough, they've put many parents in the situation where even if they had the financial resources have been locked out of private schools due to them being at capacity.
Appreciate 1