View Single Post
      09-20-2020, 07:46 AM   #31
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Well my buddy heard back from the guy. He's definitely not local. Has a story about being called out to TX for work, had to leave in a hurry. Told my buddy he wanted to wrap this up fast and needed a deposit. Told him he was welcome to go by the house and look in the window but since he's in TX he cant let him in for a tour. Wants a deposit and will mail him the keys. Do people actually fall for this shit?

Anyway, told my buddy he needs to respond back with "Great! I'll swing by this weekend and take a look" Then we head over there and take some hilarious staged photos. we just let ourselves in and say the door was wide open. I could lay on the ground with a fake knife in my back and fake blood on the floor. We could put his 3 dogs, cat, and 4 chickens in a room with my 2 dogs and get a photo of all the "ferrule" animals living in the house. He's got photos from when he remodeled the house and tore our drywall and cut the floors out so there's just floor joists and dirt below We could include those photos and be like "What the fuck are you trying to rent to me? This place is trashed! There's a dead guy in the kitchen. I'm calling the cops right now and putting them in contact with you a this e-mail address..."
Have to admit that is funny, probably will not get the reaction you want.

Yes people fall for this, right now properties are being rented without people seeing the property. People are doing virtual tours the saying they will take it and send deposits. This is happening all over Florida. My son did it two years ago when we moved to Florida. Went down for a couple days to rent a house could not find one either good ones were gone in hours of listing or they were garbage. He work with local agent and when one came up they saw pictures and told the agent they would take.

Last edited by Maestro; 09-21-2020 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0