09-21-2020, 06:35 AM   #73
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I might cry from relief this morning! Hubby told me last late spring he is switching jobs but I completely had forgotten about it. Thanks to covid, all Finnish engineers have been stuck in their home offices from late February, which has been hell.

With the unemployment numbers climbing here too, we should all be happy to to have the financial security we have but instead of course our Finnish mentality makes my friends and I complain endlessly. The engineers, which is our entire male population i think, make this easy.

It's like the men have spent most of the year perfecting the art of annoying us. Our dearest family friend now spends time shopping for pants that wouldnt make an annoying swoosh sounds while her husband obsessively rubs his own tighs while in conference calls. She has sworn from march on the sound comes to her dreams. It has come to a point where the hubby has to go to their summer home to work so she can work from their home. He is no longer allowed to wear pants at home at all.

There has been stories about wives burning all pens in houses. The constant clicking has become an issue. One of my neighbors is contemplating murder because of constant ankle rolling.

*warning: heavy lying ahead*
I'm an extra calm person, not at all temperamental ever so what my hubby does has gone down well here. *end of lying*

When he started working from home, stealing my study mind you, he stopped shaving. The blotches, the hair pointing everywhere, the man looks like a half skinned bear. I've stopped putting on lights because I can't watch it. Of course that's not all of it.

Thanks to covid, he has been naming animals he feeds outside. Birds, squirrels, a hedgehog. They all have individual names. He has charts of sightings of them. He imitates them, for example a few weeks ago he saw a squirrel using it's tail as an umbrella, he started to rub his back while commenting on the newly discovered ability of the bushy rat. Now I can't look at the man without seeing him with a tail.

Then there is the licking of the ugliest moustache ever grown. The sound has gotten ingrained to my brain and I'm pretty sure that's the only sound produced by a human that can penetrate through my 50 cm thick concrete floor.

My brothers wife is a prosecutor and I asked her if all these things can be used to argue self defense. Since the dear brother has taken up rubbing his belly all day, every day, she thinks I should test this. A crime of passion it would be not.

It is only fair to admit that us ladies are not doing much better. One of my friends is now a compulsive knitter, one is painting bad art, I have so many new power tools I should start leasing them out just to have some floor space even for a bit. I also have a salvaged wood collection rottening on my yard and I'm trying to find a cabin to buy from an island, preferably a few hundred miles away from home. My neighbor has a bonsai tree forest on her yard cuz she keeps trimming them all day, every day.

I'm hoping he will shave to fetch new gear from the new company. That's my only hope I'm holding on to. Considering they all are looking like bears these days it is a slim hope, but that's all I have.

Anyway. I should be reading a boring report on how the economy is doing and adjusting a piece of portfolio according to the info, but I swear I keep hearing the moustache licking from the other side of the house. The neighbor is cutting shit on her yard so I'm guessing ankles are rolling there.

I'm telling you guys, married folks should not have to endure spending time together. This is hell.

Are you all doing better than us?
Great to see that you're still around. Funny as ever.

Oh and my situation isn't really better or worse. I'm just hesitant to put anything in writing. lol

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
Lups11824.50