View Single Post
      09-21-2020, 12:56 PM   #39
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I had the same thing happen. Some woman named Samantha Phillips. I've had the same cell number for 15 years and every couple years I start getting calls for her from clinics, hospitals, medical billers, and ultimately collection companies. Clearly she has some sort of medical issue, seeks help, and givens them my phone number on the billing paperwork. She's either an evil genius for remembering to use the same wrong number for 15 years, or is completely stupid.
This is a common tactic with frauds and scammers. When we move into our new home and got a new Land Line number, a few months later we got collection call looking for some guy. This went on for years most time we just let the answering machine deal with it. A few times we picked up and got an ear full about all the money this guy owed and how they were sending the police and FBI after us even though we try to tell them we were not that guy. Like they have not heard that excuse before. About 10 yrs later we were in Lowes buying new appliances and they gave an extra 10% off if we used there credit card. We gave the guy our home phone and he said can not give you credit, we asked why, well it was that guy again. He already ripped off Lowes and our phone number was on their black list. We did get credit after proving we were not him.

I attempted to track this guy down, but he was not used a real identity either, everything about him was fake. I suspect the police have caught up to him in recent years since the collection calls have stopped.
Appreciate 0