09-23-2020, 09:26 AM   #18
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Are they Veterans? The VA has much improved surveillance (and, if affected, service connected treatments) for many environmental exposures. Military bases were not governed by all those pesky environmental regulations, and there is growing awareness of fairly widespread exposure to PCB's, benzene, heavy metals, etc. Also a lot of this stuff in older medical/dental world (formaldehyde and organic solvents, radiation, lead/mercury, etc). IIRC, parkinsonian symptoms are often linked to the types of organic chemicals that are common in agriculture and industry, so the 'what is in the water' is a very real question - even with a central water supply, lots of that stuff can come right thru typical treatment systems.
That is correct. Old dental offices, just like old pathology labs and research labs used lost of organic compounds, formaldehyde, mercury , etc. some of this is nasty stuff and if used appropriately in a fume hood and in the presence of proper ventilation it would be ok, but I am sure in many of these older places that was ignored and then it is certainly possible that bad things could have happened. There was another sad note about dentists and lung disease that I read because of the same idea. I can't remember where I read that last point.
Appreciate 4
F32Fleet3570.00
Maynard3848.00
vreihen1615205.00
MKSixer34183.50