05-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #59
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328i View Post
After seeing the pics, I have to say that 16 hours is too excessive. I would say 8 hours for a pro would be fair, but your paint isn't trashed enough for a 16 hour detail to be necessary. I think you could fly many competent detailers out for you and have them do your car for less and still be under $1200.

IMHO you charging your client for 15 hours of work isn't fair, because working with a machine you can achieve better results working in half the time.
I do understand what you are saying, but not all people like their car to be machined. I explain what needs to be done, present them with options of how it can be achieved and then let them make the determination. I guess it all goes down to the level of detail you are doing. Just wheels alone would take me 1 hour or so to do. They will be taken off the car and cleaned/waxed. Engine bay will take 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Interior will take about 2-3 hours. And the exterior I do not want to even start on that. It's skilled work and I am putting a lot of time into it. Considering my time and opportunity cost, I come with my number. I am not willing to detail for 20-30$ an hour simple because I am not doing the car wash like place job.

This car will require a lot attention.
Appreciate 0