View Single Post
      10-21-2019, 04:44 AM   #46
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocstraw View Post
True, it cannot be controlled explicitly by tech, but considering that oil is in the IC, the main way it can get there is either through the compressor side of the turbo or crankcase ventilation, which can be 'engineered' deliberately. The loophole will either be exploited by others or stopped, which is less of an engineering win for Ferrari.

I agree with you but I do think it's tone deaf to call Ferrari a no-funny-business, nose to the grindstone company. They remove you from preferred customer lists if you publish dyno results and journalists have been saying for a while now that Ferrari press cars feel better than the production vehicles (road cars, I know). The company ethos seems similar across divisions. I think they get a lot of goodwill from the FIA because they are such a legendary heritage company, and draw so many to the sport. But they are the tattletale team.

I agree

I'm gonna be really upset if 3rd place gets taken from Verstappen, the growth he's displayed as a driver is seriously impressive. Went from "Crashstappen" to being more consistent than Vettel.

But there's much more wrong with Ferrari than engineering, they would be competitive with adequate pit and driver strategy.

It's true! Verstappen and others are on iRacing.
iRacing.. Mercedes World in Surrey have something like that.
Appreciate 1