View Single Post
      06-29-2021, 12:09 PM   #19
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Something else to add with this vehicle shortage. Many rental car companies offloaded their inventory of cars during the start of this pandemic to "circle the wagons" due to non existent demand for rentals. Now they're back in looking to buy new cars to replenish their fleets competing with the regular consumer on already constrained new car supply.

I saw this first hand a couple of weeks ago. I had to get a rental at Enterprise due to a rat with antlers hitting my car. The good thing for me is I had a reservation set up days in advance through State Farm. When I was waiting for my car at Enterprise, their phones were ringing off the hook with people asking for same day rentals. They were told they may have a car to rent to them tomorrow afternoon if they're lucky. The reps said realistically, it'll be 2 or 3 days from now before they could get them into a car if they place a reservation now. The lot there was almost empty of cars. I had requested a standard car and because there was no inventory, they threw me in an Audi A5.
The answer to everything this year... is simply poor planning across the board. Whether its the supply chain or demand planning in any industry it still holds true.
chassis6643.50