Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
pressure is on themselves regarding Red Bulls.. this track can be a track that they can be stronger to steal more points from Merc's.. Merc's are looking good.. interestingly Aston Martin as well.. Ferrari's looking better than last week.. this weekend can bring some surprises..
Absolutely. It's one thing to stand on the side of the track and talk about being WCC/WDC Challengers...it's another to be involved in a pitched battle with Sir Lewis and Merc. As the pundits said this morning, VER and RB cannot make mistakes and MUST capitalize on any that Sir Lewis and Merc make. Thus far they haven't. This won't cut it to win against the reigning champions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
FP1 was interesting.....early days to see how it all plays out though.
But this is a track that teams have a huge amount of data for...I don't think the slight adjustment to the track layout will make much of a difference.
The addition of sausage kerbs to encourage drivers to keep to track limits...worked well on the whole except for Verstappen who managed to damage his car on one (Quelle surprise).
Ferraris put in a good time on the mediums against most everyone else on the softs.
FP2 might give a better idea of who is where.
Absolutely. This is a great track and I think the new layout will may make for better racing...but we shall see. I love the punishing curbs. Track Limits, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
16 cars in 1 second in FP2.. it doesnt mean it ll stay like this but still.. and midpack really is closer to the front this weekend..
One can hope!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
So great to see LEC just over a tenth off of HAM....the Scuderia has amped up The Prancing Horse.
This actually bodes well for the rest of the season. This track was used for testing for so long because if you can run well in Barcelona, you have about a 90% chance of running well anywhere. This track may seem boring but actually encompasses nearly each driving conditions one may run into on all of the F1 tracks on the cal. Brilliant results and I hope for more closer racing!!

Cheers, Gentlemen!
mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 6
EdM53854.50
inTgr8r2421.50
yco5722.50
AmuroRay2165.00
racerbruce3848.50
Autobacs1308.00