View Single Post
      08-30-2017, 12:45 AM   #72
atam1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///mawana View Post
That's not what I saw, clearly Mayweather was toying with Conor. He had no idea how much punching power MMA fighters posess. He had to figure him out and once he realized Conor's punches were lame (to a boxer obviously) he couldn't stop coming at him even when Conor was still throwing some. To me the fight was over in the 4th round. That it lasted that long is down to Mayweather's style who also happens to be 40! Good business by Conor but that's all!
Floyd was toying with Conor from the fourth on, yes. But in the first two rounds, as I said, at distance, Conor landed some solid counters and jabs. I had him winning the first two rounds. Granted, it was probably Floyd's intention to get Conor to blow his load in the first few rounds, he was still able to defend against a lot of Floyd's straight rights to the head and body.

He didn't figure out the MMA's fighter's punching power was lame, what he did was wait until Conor gassed before he started comfortably walking him down. By the time Floyd switched from head movement to high guard, Conor was already throwing the patty-cake shoulder punches.
Appreciate 0