05-24-2019, 03:04 PM   #419
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Yeah, it got a lot of hype and interest going as a result but seemed to only be available in small quantities. Similar to Milo but compressed into a shorter time span.

Since it is a little bit rainy today, I was going to put down RGS in the front and back (it'd have to be watered in anyways). it looks like the Hyr-Brix should get delivered this morning so I'll put it down in the front yard after the RGS.

Should I also put the Humic down now as well (front and back)? I figured the RGS/Humic applications would be spread out.

I've got 6cu yds of top soil/compost mix coming later today. That'll be my fun in the backyard later today/tomorrow:

1. run the thatcher implement to scuff things up in the backyard. It'd too big an area of bare and thin areas to do by hand
2. lay down a thin-ish layer of the topsoil/compost mix, likely a thicker layer in the bare areas
3. put down starter fert (Lesco)
4. put down GCI's blend of tall fescue seed
5. lightly rake (manually) the seed into the topsoil/compost mix
6. put out the sprinklers and set the water timers for a few, short duration waterings throughout the day (although chances of rain all weekend)
I would definitely put down Humic12 whenever you get a chance. i always apply RGS/Humic12 at the same time. I only have RGS and Humic12 so my regimen for the season is early Spring, 1st week of June and end of August/1st week of September and that's it. some of the Youtubers actually apply both products each month which to me is a waste or product and money. just like fertilizer 3x each season.

as far as your seeding plan i would put down peat moss after you seed. this helps cover from birds eating the seed.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0