05-25-2019, 09:53 PM   #429
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Ended up losing the morning due to rain. in the afternoon, I ran the thatcher implement over most of the main part of the backyard. Did 2 passes w/ each being perpendicular to the other. After cleaning up what came up, I started putting dirt down in the more bare/sparse areas. The dirt mix i got is a bit clump so I'm hoping it breaks down. Only made it thru about 1/3 of the yard today so the laboring will resume tomorrow (at least it'll be cooler).

Once that's done (or I run out of dirt....whichever comes first), Humic-12+RGS goes down then starter fert and seed. I'll top dress what I can. For kicks, maybe I'll over seed some parts of the front yard, too. Otherwise, I'll be leaving out sprinklers in the backyard on water timers.

So far, 3 blisters and I got my first mosquito bite of the season. lol
Dethatching is gonna help tremendously. I would use a rake to break down some of the clumping tho with the dirt. how much of the yard are you actually reseeding? oh, what State are you in BTW?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0