View Single Post
      10-08-2019, 05:39 AM   #22
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
You've been back and forthing for years on this issue, well it feels like it.

Where i don't understand you is you want visceral and revs but want bottom end torque too. TBH the answer, as ever, is a 911. it doesn't have the bottom end you want though, i just cannot fathom why you want it.

The Coyote V8 to me is a fantastic 'in between" motor. It's a V8 so it inherently has bottom end but it does like a few revs. Get magnaride, PP2, active valve exhaust and boom you're good to go.
You called it, I have been all over the place, trying to score that car that really speaks to me, you know a car you get and you're like damn, this is what I've been looking for.

That's happened a few times in my automotive past
the first time was when I went from a toyota corolla to a Omni GLH
the next time was a modded 5.0 fox body stang
after that it was a modded 1990 300zx
then it was a 2007 Z4 coupe 3.0si
then a 2014 cayman S

each of those cars took me to a new of level of driving engagement and sheer fun

not been able to get that feeling again since the 2014 cayman S

As my post record shows, I've tried all kinds of cars since then, but I have not walked away saying "damn I want this car"

that definitely didn't happen with the bullitt, as for me it lacked low end torque, and felt huge.

It's a tough thing to find in the modern auto landscape
a compact car that looks good, with normal aspiration and good throttle response and low end torque, and offers a manual, pretty much doesn't exist right now
Appreciate 0