View Single Post
      08-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #87
wiggyx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2004 Neon SRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo Squirrel View Post
damn raspberry candy paint >:| haha....it turned out ok tho. thats the reason i just tell everyone to use chromabase. Although on the caddy i used a pearl for the white parts and the wheels....which is essentially the same process, except alot hard to mess up
Yeah, the pearl is so hard to muck up. I did that Mica Glacier whaterthehellitscalled on the whale as you may recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I think it's you that doesn't get it, or should I say the Gumpert's design that you don't get. It was never meant to be a thing of beauty, that's perfectly clear when you look at it but what the Gumpert does that none of the other do is produce lots of down force, enough in fact that it could drive upside down at speeds in excess of 170mph.
That'd be all fine and dandy if they hadn't so obviously tried to style it like a road car/track car hodge-podge. If it looked like it had been purpose built then we'd leave it alone, but it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
P.S.
Never did like the FXX and especially not the Viper, it's American vulgarity at it's best, or is that the PT Cruiser. Maybe it me not getting the Viper, maybe you have to be American to except it's excessively wide stance, it's vulgar side pipes, it's twin bulges on the roof. You may well look at the Viper ACR and go all wet but me I'm sorry but I think it looks just as awful as the Gumpert but in a different way.
Vulgarity?! Obviously you don't have to like it, but why exactly is it vulgar? It's a pure driving machine. No excessive electronic nanny's to keep you in check, very few creature comforts, etc.

edit: Why are you bringing the PT into this and how the hell is it vulgar? Is this going to turn into a US bashing thread?
Appreciate 0