Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrowJon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
I assume you've read this document? Doubt there's anything you don't already know but thought I'd share.

https://www.bmwusa.com/content/dam/b...DigitalKey.pdf

I haven't heard of Sprint being an issue. Not sure this will help, but have you tried doing a backup of your data (Samsung Smart Switch), then factory default your phone and start over? Believe me, that often helps especially with Android 8 and older.
Thank you - Latest is that Sprint manages their connect service by model and year, where rhe Z4 is currently only authorized through 2018. Believe I finally have BMW Genius and Sprint now working together, BMW Genius will keeo me updated. We'll see.
But no MY18 BMW product supported digital key. Digital key is part of iDrive 7 in some models and I believe that all began with MY19 X5.

Crazy how BMW doesn't have a team testing phones (considering only a handful of phones are compatible) with US carriers. S7-S10, a couple Note models and maybe an odd A series Samsung phone along the way. 4 major nationwide US carriers.... Not terribly difficult to cover 95% of customers with some simple testing.