View Single Post
      05-14-2020, 08:38 AM   #25
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Dak has worn himself very thin with True Fans and Commentators around here, including myself.
After carefully evaluating his stats and performance since entering the league, here is my $.02.....

Although he's good and durable. And I truly believe he is capable of Elite Status especially under Mike McCarthy... He has NOT earned more than $30M a year! In fact, I would cap him at $25M. I understand the "market dictating" blah, blah. But the fact remains that he has NOT defeated the elite quality Teams of the league. He has certainly looked stellar at against average and lower teams. His last game performance particularly against the Eagles last season confirmed my stance.
Jerry may not say it, but I truly believe Dallas would have drafted Hurts had the Eagles not stupidly and out of spite grabbed him instead of grabbing MUCH needed Receiver help. Oh well, anything they do to to help us is a win in my book.
Dak has also earned over $30M in endorsements! Which is more than the vast majority of Players will ever earn in actual play contracts! That big money would NOT have been possible with any other team. So he needs to appreciate that too.
Another thing to note... He is et to make $31M under the tag this season. If he were to get tagged again next season, Dallas would have to pay him $37M! That is far from chump change! He and his agent are being greedy. But what else is new... As long as we WIN, I really don't give AF who's throwing the ball.
he hasnt, but ok... Only people he seems to have worn thin on are the ones that forget the QB purgatory we were in between Aikman and Romo, or ones that just cant quite understand the nature of the qb market. Without Dak, this is a bottom tier team. And while i was somewhat hoping they would take hurts, there were much more pressing needs on the team than having to grab a qb in the draft early to restart the rebuild.

Starting Qbs of Daks talent and age going price is 33-35/yr. Goff got 33.5 and rode gurley/mcvays/defense's coat tails to the sb while being barely more than a game manager. Wentz got 33 despite never playing in a post season and a sketchy at best injury history. Hell, Tannehill just got 30/yr and has been mediocre to average his entire career. Its just the way the market is right now.

The hang up is on the years and terms right now, the money is set at 35mill. Hes not going to take less than what the tag is, ~31.5 + 37-40 next season, which averages out to around 35mill. What his side is wanting is a shorter term deal to capitalize on the new tv money that will be coming in the next year or so, which will explode the cap an estimated 20+%. Dallas wants a minimum of 5yrs so they can spread his gtd money around and manipulate the cap hit in years where they project to be tight on cap space. Luckily, we are projected ~7mill under the cap this season, ~50 next with only 3 starters, Dak, Awuzie and Woods needing to be resigned. Lewis as well if he can learn to cover, and maybe Dix if he lives up to the hype. The team is in a good cap spot for the next handful of years, and can also clear a bunch of cap by cutting high paid underperforming players like crawford.

End of the day, hell end up signing the 5yr, 175mill deal just prior to the july deadline.

As for endorsement money, that is a non factor. He didnt even crack the top 10 last year in total endorsement deals. Guys like Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Peyton Manning, OBJ did. If you are a star player, you will get big endorsement deals no matter where you play.

And yeah, GO COWBOYS!!! Everyone that says Cowboys arent America's team are commies.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?

Last edited by TheWatchGuy; 05-14-2020 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
CT335xi682.50