View Single Post
      05-15-2020, 08:33 AM   #31
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
^^^ Yeah and it's clueless fanboy like you that obviously don't understand shit when it comes to financials of the entire TEAM.

Let me help you... Chew on this...

No team has won a Super Bowl with a quarterback making even $20M annually. FACTS!!!

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pat...story-tells-us
that trash stat tells barely 1/4 of the story.

Since mid 2000s, you average at least 1 of the qbs in the NFC/AFC Championship game has been in the top 10 of qbs paid, and a lot of times the top 5. To add to it, QBs that are paid in the top 5 of salaries have made the playoffs more times than not. Brady has been an outlier as he routinely took less than top dollar (even though still typically in the top 10), but guys like Brees, Wilson, Rothlisberger, Cousins, Ryan, Rodgers, Garoppolo, etc. have all had success while still being paid in the top 5. Even Peyton like that article used as an example, was the #6th highest cap hit qb that season, and his APY put him in the top 2.

A twitter thread to read through.

The fact is, the Cowboys are in a few year window where they have the best chance of going deep in the playoffs. They squandered the last 4 with bad coaching, you really want them to squander the next 4 with bad qb play? They have plenty of cap space, the cap will go up, and they will continue to draft well so they can let overpriced FAs go at positions that are not as important as qb.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0