07-25-2020, 10:10 PM   #252
sqwinny
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
I have trouble sleeping and am generally fit and a friend recommended the Whole 30 program. For 30 days, you eliminate alcohol, sugar, processed food and dairy. I ended up feeling a little better and I lost 12 pounds. I'm a runner and I didn't have the energy to run after ten days so be careful if you try it. Since then, I'm more careful with what I eat and my body fat is much lower than it had been. You would be surprised what happens when you watch what you eat and exercise regularly.
Whole 30 diet is a "diet" that basically is an elimination diet. In the food science world, we would consider this to be a Low FODMAP diet or food elimination diet which it is.

Eliminate anything that is known for high reactions/inflammations in people and after 3-4 weeks you reintroduce those foods one by one to see if you have a sensitivity to anything. As much as I hate the Kardashians, Khloe lost weight as she gave up dairy. That could have been due to her eating excess energy from dairy products OR she was inflamed and without the presence of dairy, she lost water weight.
Appreciate 0