View Single Post
      08-06-2020, 08:05 AM   #28
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

I'd like to also add this, as I think it's really important.

I've noticed that for those who are looking to make drastic changes in their diet or exercise - they often over exert themselves to start out. Examples: going on a 3 mile run during the hottest part of the day. Or, only eating vegetables when they are used to eating garbage.

The reason they often do this is to literally make the process so excruciating, they are then able to tell themselves "see, this is too hard, it's not worth the cost, this isn't for me." Creating excuses for themselves "this is too hard" "im not athletic enough, blah blah," that's a trap, don't overdo it...

If you don't make it a fun challenge for yourself with loads of positive reinforcement along the way, it won't become a lifestyle change. Which is what you want. Slow, incremental body structural change, improving the gut biomes health takes time too.

Give yourself a YEAR to make the changes, but win each day along the way. And for f*ck sake - STAY OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY. Post reminders in your mirror - change takes time, it's not a sprint it's a marathon. You will be the last person to notice the changes. You will make mistakes along the way, just take notes and learn from them, it's part of the process.

Remember - sometimes the body follows the mind, sometimes the mind follows the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.

Last edited by floridaorange; 08-06-2020 at 08:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
JP102463.00