10-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #51
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
For those of you who suggested the higher weight lower rep - something i really enjoy and have done in the past - how long do you spend in the gym and how many days per week are you training?

(technically i'm also doing every other day - with maybe a short hiit for 10-15 mins to break a sweat on my off days).
I'll start with saying that everyone is different and not everything applies to a single person. When gaining rest is essential. With that said, I've never been one to really enjoy an off day, hence why I have a regimen that keeps me in the gym 6 days a week without overworking muscle groups. Main point: ensure you are not overworking yourself, if a muscle group is sore and you plan to work it that day then skip it.

My avg week is 6 days in the gym, about 1.25-1.5hrs a day. When going heavy or trying to gain I reduce my cardio and increase rest in between sets. Time in the gym doesn't necessarily change due to that.

Difficult to put into words through typing, but you need to listen to your body.
Appreciate 0