View Single Post
      02-03-2020, 10:25 AM   #14
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
How many people in this thread who are saying FCA is shit have ACTUALLY owned an FCA vehicle post 2014...?
Me.

Owned a Fiat 500e from 2014-2017. In 30+ years of owning and driving a variety of new, used, domestic, Asian, and European cars, the Fiat was the only other car to leave me stranded, other than a 14 year old, 120,xxx mile Nissan Maxima due to a dead alternator.

Don’t get me wrong, it was a fun car and for my first experience with a pure plug-in electric, it’s fully converted me to the EV life. Except it also convinced me to never get an FCA vehicle in my life too.

In the 3 short years, it was subjected to numerous recalls, each one requiring a day to up to a week to perform. While commuting home on a busy freeway it lost all forward propulsion out of nowhere and I was stuck in the 2nd lane with no way to move the car. Took 30 minutes for a tow truck to pull me off the freeway. It spent 4 weeks at the dealership for an issue with the 12V battery that no one seems to know how to solve.

The best part of the ownership experience was the 4 weeks at the dealership we were given a Grand Caravan. In the 4 weeks we went on a camping trip, picked up a couch, helped a buddy move some furnitures, and went to Vegas.

I’m sure there are some people who have had zero problems with their FCA products. I have a friend with a 2019 Jeep Rubicon that has not had to spend extended time at the Jeep dealership yet. Out of all my car owning buddies though, he is the ONLY one that has not had negative experience with his FCA product yet. I can’t tell you how many more horror stories and buy-backs and lemons there are that are more like mine amongst my collection of friends.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0