View Single Post
      02-03-2020, 01:50 PM   #19
thegump
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
And this doesn't surprise me one bit. I worked closely with FCA for a few years starting in 2016. The toxic culture of fear and trying to look better than others is the root cause. But when you have new owners every 5 to 6 years this shows. People become more worried about their job than doing a good job. Suddenly the right thing or good engineering judgement are out the door, and short term political game is the standard for decision making. And to make things more complicated Daimler, Fiat and now PSA re-org and cannibalize what they can, while injecting their own vehicle architectures and network communication protocols. This leaves behind a hodgepodge and a dumpster fire of convoluted engineering. And it the end things don't work as expected. Who would have though.
Very helpful monster, I guess we were seduced by the features and didn't take in the bigger picture. Well just have to add it to our box of lessons learned.

I work in the industry as well and see this happen often. I find myself completely dumbfounded by some of the decisions that are made albeit cost savings or to save face.
Appreciate 0