View Single Post
      03-18-2016, 11:05 AM   #54
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBulldog View Post
You guys are pushing serious weight. I will try to compile my list or PRs but they are not impressive. I'm pretty fit and solid, relatively slim. I am having trouble progressing to heavier weights. I'm eating 3300 calories a day to get a but bigger. I'm short at 5'9" and weigh somewhere around 163 is a guess. I train 6 days a week at my Crossfit box. I'm pretty good with plyometrics and calisthenics. I was in a bad car accident a few years ago so I do have pains and quirks all around. I should probably take another day off but I like living sore.
What do you think is holding you back from progressing into heavier weights? Technique? Strength? Injuries from the wreck? You sound like an ectomorph eating that much and not being able to gain weight. My first couple years at college I could eat 4k calories a day and not gain a pound. I remember several times going to little ceasars and getting a large pizza, then adding 2 grilled chicken breasts on top of the pizza. Still didn't gain weight. 172lb was my golden number for years. 6 days a week! Wow. At first I was doing M-F at 6 am everyday. I found that after a heavy squat day doing metcons was miserable, so I have a gym membership to a local athletic club for days when I want to switch it up. They also have a full crossfit gym there so I can still do everything I need to as well as bodybuilding. Right now I do crossfit MWF and bodybuilding/powerlifting on Tuesday/Thursday. Usually do running/abs on the weekends. I love the combination!
Appreciate 0