View Single Post
      05-15-2018, 02:10 PM   #20
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

So one car company in the world is genius and all the rest are dumb? Got it. Guess you're on the right forum.

Never mind that BMW backed down from 4/50 to 3/36 and will likely revert to no free service before long.

If "free" maintenance was great, I'd imagine Audi and MB who both offered it, still would.

And I'm not sure what your "sneakily" comment is all about, but the Googles say Audi USA service intervals are 10k miles and BMW are 15k, absolutely no mention of 12k for either. My point on a 30k mile lease is that you'll only get one mileage based service if you don't go over your miles. And while dealers are supposed to honor the annual oil change, both dealers and owners seem amazingly unaware of that availability.

I've had four BMWs with "free" maintenance and it's fine. I've also paid for oil changes in between the free ones because the interval seems too long, and with the car I tracked heavily, I was never going to wait 15k miles. So while it's kinda free, I'd still be hesitant to buy an out of warranty BMW because of the long intervals, so I guess it's not wildly different than buying a used car of another brand, you're taking a risk.

You also specifically mentioned leases and it's worth noting that both Audi and MB push their maintenance programs as part of any lease, usually either including them as part of the cost, or offering them at a substantial discount.
Appreciate 0