05-16-2018, 09:48 AM   #21
blschaefer1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 xDrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinePSI View Post
No im good with the bridges, i'll drive the long way. Can I interest you in a butterfly net to catch the points? The point is that BMW leases are WAY more likely to be maintained properly throughout the term. Audi offers nothing, so most peoples mindset with a lease is why am i investing money into this dealerships car. I know an Audi dealer and even he's been made aware of guys who have not once changed the oil on their cars, and he beats the shit out of it. His literal words, I feel sorry for whoever gets this car. Imagine how many others there are.
When leasing an Audi, there is an option to include Audicare that adds 1% to the residual. Total cost depends on the model, and is $800-1,100. Figure roughly half of this is paid for by the residual increase. This covers all scheduled maintenance during the lease term, and generally beyond should one choose to buyout the lease. Example on my S6, covered maintenance goes to the 75k service. Basically covers everything but brake pads and rotors. If I recall, BMW's 'free' maintenance program, which was trimmed back a couple of years ago, stops at 36k miles.

Also, first service is free from Audi regardless of the Audicare. On my wife's S3, we opted not to take the Audicare as we did a 7,500 mile/year three year lease (she does not drive that much) and we will maybe only pay for one oil change during the lease term.

I'm not 100%, but I think Audicare can be included on CPO vehicles, back to the OP's concern.

Details here:
https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...r-Brochure.pdf

Last edited by blschaefer1; 05-16-2018 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0