View Single Post
      11-20-2018, 06:00 PM   #61
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by qba335i View Post
Buffet returned -32% in 2008. He would have to close his shop if he managed a hedge fund. I know some ABS hedge funds that make the S&P 500 look like a bond fund - when you look at total returns since 2008/2009.
Again, we're talking about averages and likelihood. For a small peanuts investor (i.e. $2M or less in investments), stick to what is most likely to work in the long term.

With that said, let's also not forget that 95%+ in the country have less than $50K in assets/investments/cash so why are we even arguing about this I have many 40 something y/or friends with $100-250K/yr paying jobs, nice hours, expensive cars, boats, motorcycles, expensive hobbies, eating out all the time, etc. and next to nothing in investments and savings. So dangerous, but that's a reality for most in this country regardless of income level. Live beyond your means and YOLO.