02-18-2019, 02:20 PM   #32
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Tsang View Post
Wow 40i models have such a large upcharge.

Adding Msport and track package onto a 30i is $5,400.

That means the 40i (which includes m sport and track package) is still $8,400 more with the same options added (paint, 19" wheels, prem, exec, etc)...

A fully loaded 40i crosses 70K. Taking into account the competition, the cayman boxter are still more expensive, but they don't sell well. The TT and SLC are probably on their way out as well.

I want the Z4 to do well, so hopefully there are enough people who want to buy one!
I do as well.. but wow.. the fact that a Z4 m40 I spins up so quickly beyond M2 competition $$ is a big concern..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
$70,250 would be my build, way too high for not being a true M Roadster

switching to the soft top this thing should have been in the mid $60K range the way I built it with this engine.

AWD M340i pretty loaded is around $65K, seems like years ago the soft top Z3/Z4 were about the same price as a loaded 3 series top line (non M). Maybe because of limited sales expectations they had to inflate the prices?
Agree.. the M performance badging certainly doesn't justify a 70K price in my mind....

and of course, the irony here is that for BMW to make the Z4 " affordable.." they shared with Toyota...

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-18-2019 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0