Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Hmmm..

1) My location is one of the fastest small towns in the United States. We've seen a 50% increase in population within the last 12 years.

2) One of the largest companies on earth has it's world headquarters here, employing over 12,000 people at this one location with the average wage of $64,200/yr and over 500 employees making more than $150,000 per year and more than 50 making over $1,000,000 per year.

3) My employer has no one on my floor making less than $100K and many making several million per year.

4) The elementary school in my district is ranked as the number one school in the state and one of the top 25 in the entire country. Our local high school is also ranked extremely high.

5) I traveled to LA many times during previously for board meetings. While housing is extremely expensive in that area, your numbers are ridiculously inflated. There are plenty of very nice houses in excellent areas for far less than $2-4 million dollars. This took me about 2 minutes:
I agree that most of LA is an overrated overcrowded shithole. The better areas are Calabasas, Malibu, Palos Verdes, and a decent chunk of the OC.

It's amazing the lengths people will go to to live in SoCal. LA and Inland are mostly junk, depressing, and far from "real" California yet people will pay ridiculous prices to live there.
Appreciate 0