Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmeezer View Post
Seriously considering moving to the Z4M40 from my M240xi since I have to decide next year which one to go with (last year for the M240 convert). Since my 240 is only a year old, my left brain says don't do it ($$, first year, etc). The right side says "just do it".
Will be doing a test drive when a M40 shows up nearby, but usually the sales droids give you the answers you want to hear,
Sooo...

#1 I love the Xdrive and I'm wondering if there's anyone that's gone
from an Xdrive to the new Z4M LSD? And if so, what can I expect as far as handling goes? I put a lot of trust in the Xdrive when I'm driving a winding road (probably as aggressive as I get). I have this image of me drifting through the curves in a Z4
I gave up on any serious winter driving so that's not really an issue for going to just two wheel drive.

So what will I lose and what will I gain?? Or, as I suspect, not an aggressive enough driver for it to really matter?

#2 The top. Seems the top is actually the cover as well? Probably too early to tell how that's going to hold up over time (for several reasons I have to house it outside). I also notice that when it's down, there are two huge "holes" formed on the sides that look like serious debris catchers. Probably not an issue since it's going to be up most of the time or at least enough to empty any trash. Just wondering..

#3 Frozen Grey.. It's matte-ish? I usually wrap at least the front half of the car with clear wrap. Wonder if that's going to kill off the look of that specific color.

Thanks
Only car? Daily driver?
Appreciate 0