10-14-2019, 04:10 PM   #171
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Just for giggles, thought I'd post the photo I took this weekend from the back of my property, overlooking the AT.

This is my view at only $10K(ish) an acre. Why do people live in CT, OR, or WA again? Lol, just kidding of course - they are lovely in their own right.

Did I mention I don't have any state income taxes?

"Did I mention I don't have any state income taxes?"

THIS! When I read the OP - I was like - yeah but it's in IL! A doomed state that 50K tax payers are fleeing each year! My GF lives in IL. She pays OVER DOUBLE the yearly property tax on her 2000 SF 3 bedroom house on a 1/4 acre lot than I do on my 160 acre farm in MO! Taxes are insane there. Gas is usually .30-.40 higher per gallon there, I make sure I fill up before I cross into IL.

She is also 27 years into teaching, so her pension relies on IL surviving - but I don't think it will make it unless the Fed bails them out sometime in the future.

When her last is out of high school - she is out of there. It is too bad, the town she lives in is a very cool little town. I would love to wind up in a town just like it.......only in another state. LOL