12-04-2015, 02:42 AM   #494
shanecarmaster1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325i, F01 750Li, e38 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
For somebody that knows so much about BMW you really are inaccurate. The current 5 series is 6 years old (2011,12,13,14,15,16) and the current 3 series is 5 years old. Do you really own a 7 series since the other info is way off? Caidillac CTS is down over 40% in sales for 2015 and 50% in November so obviously no one gives a shit, the CTS is dead and looks like crap. When they raised the price of CTS they killed it two years ago. You could put 1,000 hp in it and no one will buy a Cadillac car in the US, even the ATS is down 15% ytd. Say what you want just get some facts to support it.
Whether you slice it 2015-2011 or 11,12,13,14,15, the 5 series is basically still mid cycle. The 3 series is even younger having just received an LCI. The LCI should really make the cars hit their stride and perfect them, but these cars have just overstayed their welcome already.

That aside, I bought my F02 brand new off the lot, loaded with options exactly how I wanted it, as I do with all my cars except my E38. I mention what I own because I feel that it gives me a bit more room to talk as an owner of multiple generations and of the newer cars. I feel that many enthusiasts drive the older "better" car and simply bash anything new based off of articles and forum posts. They wouldn't be incorrect, but I'm basing my opinions on experience: I've driven many cars of multiple generations and still conclude the same feelings.

Also, sales numbers, whether yours are correct or not, have no relevance to my argument because I'm simply comparing how much better those cars are to drive. They really are. I'm not going to fight with you about looks because I think that the new CTS looks dynamite, but I won't waste my breathe.

Last edited by shanecarmaster1; 12-04-2015 at 02:50 AM..
Appreciate 0