NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Any pointers on how to reduce motion sickness? I'm on my second day with Vive+ Project cars 2 on PC and the most I can do is about 10 mins before I feel nauseated. I start sweating and become really fearful of crashing or spinouts. I've set world movement and g force effect to zero and it seemed to prolong my tolerance on day 2.

any other ideas?
Yes. Set IPD correctly (do not neglect this), focus on the car's interior (very important to keep you "anchored" with a sense of balance in the vr environment, stop playing when you feel a little unwell even if it's only a few minutes play at a time. Just be patient. It took me like a month in X-Plane 11 VR to get to where I could use my rift for long periods of time. Do not push things. Back a couple years ago I got a DK2 and the first thing I did was play DCS huey til I had to vomit. Bad experience. Don't do that.

Do make sure to try iracing once you're more comfortable in VR. It requires some patience but the action is not to be beat. Lots of very good drivers. Nothing beats competing with other humans.
Thanks for the great advice. Day 3 seems to be the ticket for me. I practiced all day at the ring on a normal screen and then jumped into VR once I got the hang of the track and the car I was practicing with (mono). Man what a whole new world. Managed 10 seconds quicker than my best time right off the bat. Placement was completed intuitive and the track suddenly got much wider. The entire sensation was about 95% of my track experience with my real Atom.

It's weird that I suddenly felt fine and feel like I can play for hours. Man can't wait to jump back on to the seat and start racing.