07-15-2020, 10:38 PM   #15
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I have an 11" with the new keyboard and like it for light traveling and going to conference room meetings etc (when we had them). If you're mainly doing office type work (email, web, MS Office/Teams), it's more than capable. You obviously don't have the full multi window experience but works in most cases. We have some execs who only use the 13" iPad Pro and with OneDrive, storage really isn't a issue.

Now if you're doing more performance oriented work or need to look at a lot of data like on spreadsheets, you're better off on a laptop and having a way to use a larger or multiple monitors. Just my IMO.

I also use a Surface Laptop, 15" MBP And MacBook Air. Where the decision becomes more difficult is between the MBA and the iPad Pro except for using external monitors. Sometimes I travel with the MBA because I want a more desktop type experience.
Yes, what I ended up doing was just keeping my 2016 15" MPB and just using the iPad in the living room and around house. MPB stays in office. Have been messing around with "sidecar" feature.

Is kind of cool with apple pencil for notes and stuff.
Appreciate 0