View Single Post
      06-03-2019, 07:46 AM   #17
Jim S
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i G29

Garage List
Post by Jim S » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:22 pm

Here is the response from my Dealer regarding the Technical Issue that I raised regarding the M Sport Brakes problem. Please note that we need other owners to report this problem to their Dealer as well in order for this issue to get passed onto BMW Germany for action.

BMW response to M40i stones in brakes problem
Monday 03 June 2019

Good morning Mr Stewart,

Many thanks for getting in touch.

Following your most recent visit to the workshop, we raised a technical case with BMW directly.

This was their reply:

Thank you for this case, we have not had this brought to our attention on the G29 before. We need cases like this reporting to be able to ask AG to view this complaint. I know you say that this vehicle is not on site, But with the next instance of this nature can we have pictures of the rear disc and the clearance distance and any damage this has caused. Evidence of what has caused this complaint. I take it the other vehicle that the customer is referring too has 2NH M sport brakes like this vehicle?

Following your email(s) from the weekend, we have added your comments verbatim onto the case for them to view.

Once BMW technical have had an opportunity to digest your comments, they may reply, however, it would appear they require more instances to occur from multiple vehicles in order to present a case to AG (Germany) for any potential action.

I will be in touch if they respond regarding your case or in general relating to the complaint.

Kind regards

BMW Dealer Service Manager
Appreciate 0