View Single Post
      10-04-2019, 08:31 PM   #9
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I've owned a soft-top roadster since 1999, the first one a 2000 Honda S2000, and then in 2012, a 2006 Z4 M Roadster. I had the S2000 for 13 years. After I had it for several years, I got lazy and started taking it through a "touchless" car wash. The top lasted 10 years and I had it replaced in 2009. I sold the S2000 in 2012 when I bought the Z4 M Roadster used, with low mileage, from a guy in the Bay Area who mostly rode his motorcycle.

It's never been through a car wash since I've owned it. I use RaggTopp convertible top products. After 13 years the top is not showing any signs of needing replacement.

I would strongly advise against taking your Z4 through any commercial car wash, regardless of what type of car wash it is. You are far better off hand washing it and keeping soap off the top. While your car is under warranty it would be best to follow whatever recommendations that BMW has in your manual. If your car is not leased and you plan on keeping it after the warranty expires, RaggTopp products are an excellent way of keeping your top looking like new when applied on a regular basis. If you're leasing, then it really doesn't matter, as someone else will inherit your top and swirl marks. At least that sees to be the attitude a lot of leasers have.

Appreciate 1
ZedVier73.50