Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
I guess I was hoping GM would put the same chassis dynamics team to work that made the Camaro or recent Cadillac V's great limit performers.

Perhaps they still will. But, the reviews we've seen so far are what I would have expected for the non Z51 base car, with the Z51 being praised for its feedback and limit behavior.
I'm betting they won't.

Neither the Caddy's nor the Camaros are shattering any sales records. People don't buy "dynamics at the limit" but they'll buy comfort, luxury, 0-60 time...etc. Stuff they can touch and feel. The rest is just bonus that those of us who claim to be "car enthusiasts" desire, and we're but a small bunch, a niche, if you will.

Especially with the drive to electrify, I think we've pretty much hit peak driver's car. There's not going to be anything that would satisfy like it used to between the 90s and early 2000s IMO, and dynamic driving experience(s) don't sell cars anymore.
This exactly. M Cars have been softened and pushed towards luxury pretty much since the start. Certainly worked for their sales. Even if purists want to cry about it.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00