10-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #10
WallySlash
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428xi Sport Line

Garage List
2014 BMW 428xi  [9.00]
I have been in twice. Overall not a good experience.

First visit was to replace passenger door regulator. The door handle wasn’t screwed in properly as the two plastic compression nuts were split. The service tech just slapped it together and left the broken parts in the bottom of the door. I took it back in and it was repaired properly.

Second visit was to replace rear brakes. Brake job was completed OK but the service tech chipped both rear wheels that were freshly machined and painted. They made good on the wheels however when I washed I noticed a lug bolt was missing. I made a spirited road trip to Lubbock (via 114 to 82) before I noticed. No harm I suppose but it makes me wonder about the quality of the service techs.

I can say that Grapevine is better than Autobahn in Fort Worth.

The dealerships are equidistant from my home in Keller but having to traverse 35 under construction isn’t ideal.

I have been to Autobahn twice as well. The first visit was to get an oil change and some other maintenance items done after buying the car. Supposedly they replaced the cabin air filter but after a lingering smell I pulled the filter and surprise it was *packed* full of leaves and bugs. Second visit was to get an alignment. Had to go back to get it done again as the car pulled hard to the left. It was resolved and the car drives fine.

And just today I went to clean my MAF and noticed that the air filter, supposedly replaced by Autobahn in April, was very dirty. Since the first Autobahn visit until today I have put 1500 miles on the car. Granted Lubbock is dusty and dirty but the filter shouldn’t have been that dirty.

This is *my* first owned car after 27 years of driving corporate provided vehicles (Impala, Malibu and Taurus) and I can honestly report that the service was less frustrating at Chevrolet and Ford. But I will continue to visit Grapevine BMW for service because they made it right...and apologized profusely. I am thinking they are working the bugs out of their processes given that they are a new dealership.
Appreciate 0