Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Some states don't test for emissions because they don't have AQ issues. California (LA basin in particular) due to topography has severe AQ issues.

Currently it's against federal law to alter emissions equipment yet people do it all the time because enforcement is difficult if not impossible.

Are you saying current law is excessive?

BTW Govt already does tell you what you can/can't drive. For example I can't just drive an 18 wheeler.
I’m not saying current law is excessive in a lot of places, but CA is pretty tough. I am saying that if EPA wanted to really make a difference in air quality or compliance, getting the states on board with better enforcement would make a bigger dent than going after after market parts companies. The only reason I even allow that the EPA has good reason to do so is that you can’t claim states rights on something like pollution that doesn’t obey state lines.

Yeah, you can’t just drive an 18 wheeler, on the street, but if you pass the test for a license you can. Just like you should be able to buy a straight pipe and remove your muffler if it’s for your track car
Well the EPA did reiterate the law and fined some companies within the last year or so and it had an impact on the market hence this bill is a response to that enforcement effort.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0