View Single Post
      04-12-2020, 07:28 PM   #28
strohw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 19 Versys 1000, 20 KTM 690 SMC

The following is just my opinion so take it as is.

The Macan S makes zero sense to me from a price point when new. It's a sub compact suv(less than 18cuft cargo) that costs 61k base with a color option and comes with cheap black plastic skirting like some low rent SUV. The stock wheels are also pretty ugh in real life. But it has a nice looking body so OK lets spruce it up. Move up to 20" wheels because they're the first non ugh option - 3k. Get rid of the silly black plastic skirting - 3.6k. Now our Macan S is almost 68k just to make it not look like some cheap SUV, but we still need to add all our packages to it.

So, why not just spend 3k more and get a GTS which includes all the body options to make it look nice, more power(and better motor on the 2020), better suspension and more packages. It baffles me when people are spending 75-85k on Macan S when that price almost always includes a pile of money to make it look similar to what a GTS looks like stock.

To summarize, it costs too much to make it look like it should and it does not look like it justifies its price when you don't.
Appreciate 0