ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fobunited View Post
Who spent the most in the NBA this year? Not the Lakers. In the NBA, dollars spent does not necessarily mean more Ws. Take the Knicks for example. The Lakers are successful because of two key factors: Kobe Bryant and teamplay and these two factors are NOT mutually exclusive, for we've seen what Kobe HASN'T done on his own.
They're successful because of Pau Gasol. Before he arrived, they've barely been a .500 team. A big man who can pass and shoot the perfect compliment for the triangle offense.

Quote:
He's surrounded by good ROLE players, which is why they are so successful. The Cavs can't surround James with good role players, and the Celtic's salary is mainly going to their three superstars, whereas the rest of their team is made up of aging role players from around the league. It's a composition of the "great role players who will disappear into NBA history" from the 90's.
The Spurs won with three aging superstars taking up most of their salary. Hell, the Lakers won three in a row with TWO superstars taking up most their salary. You're wrong. Traditionally, teams load up big money on two or three guys and then surround them with pieces. You guys didn't reinvent the wheel with your team. You just got lucky enough to get Odom and Gasol on the cheap.

Quote:
Nobody passes more in the league, steps up for help defense, and is willing to let the hot hand win the game more than the Lakers, and I believe that is ultimately why they are going to win. The Celtics NEED to have at least 2-3 hot hands, and explosive games from at least one of their stars to win. The Lakers win with all around team effort, even if Kobe has a bad game.
So what happened last game?

The fact IS that the Celtics have the number one defense in the NBA and I was shocked Kobe made 9 shots last game considering the fact that he had zero open looks.

I do admire the Lakers because they really do get everyone involved, but lets not kid ourselves. Just as you saw in the last game and you'll see tonight, its all about Kobe.