View Single Post
      10-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #5
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Have a creative tax guy
Have a lawyer friend I’ve discussed things with and who I plan on retaining once I figure out funding (he ain’t cheap, his current firm bills him out at about $450/hr)
Have 2 friends for business mentors who have both built and sold multiple companies. One was in tech the other in real estate / construction.
Board - dunno yet

Industry research - have done some limited research. I know the market, price points to target, relative size, space I want to fill / create / build. I have a tentative plan for go to market strat, initial sale model, and expansions.

I need: mechanical eng / electrical eng / industrial designer to get the prototype built. May just contract a shop that already has all 3 to build it for me. Also need to figure out marketing / production video production, though I’m hoping to leverage others’ channels as part of my strategy. Will also leverage forums like this one, social media, etc.

Initial funding will likely come from the aforementioned mentors + friends to get the prototype built, then crowdfund initial run for launch, then angel investors to scale. Don’t think I’ll need VCs. If it gets to the point where it’s that big, I’ll happily sell for a few million and dump that straight into the next project and become a serial entrepreneur.
Appreciate 2
jmg18657.00
3.0L8923.00