10-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #260
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Oh yeah we have plenty of creeps. basically if there’s any f-Ed up story on local news, chances are it’s out in Antioch, but national news its usually somewhere in FL. Stereotypes sometimes end up being true..

what city is this and how the hell did he over pay like that? Sounds like Central Valley so should be cheaper than that.
Dixon I believe

Quote:
Wrong tour guide? Best Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, Persian, Indian, Mexican, Korean, and CA/French style fine dining in the country. I cede American comfort food, South American/Caribbean and all styles of American bbq to other places - we lack that for sure.
Dunno just picked random places based on online reviews. Typical "normal" places we are not into the high end horty torty type places.

Quote:
You should punch whoever said SD to SB is a 3 hour drive. SD to LA is barely that on a good day.
It was actually just apple maps or whatever. I just happened to do the research at night when there was no traffic so I guess that's what it estimated at the time I did the calculation. I guess it ended up being for the better because had it told me the real time we would of skipped San Diego and it was our favorite.

Quote:
That’s cool - I was just being overly sarcastic to your CA diss as a Floridian. I couldn’t deal with living there either so guess we’re both in our proper places
We have been to a lot of places and I don't think I could live permanantley anywhere else. Also I'm talking about the part of FL I live in. Probably anywhere along the coast would be fine, but once you go inland or some places around the pan handle it gets way to hillbilly for me. As for Miami... I may dislike it as much as CA.

I guess if money were no concern I would have a big ol mansion on Palm Beach Island and maybe a nice cabin in the mountains somewhere in TN or the Carolinas to do pretend winter for a week or two. Or I really liked Wyoming, but that may be a little too cold for me. Maybe I would go to my WY cabin during the summer.
Appreciate 0