05-15-2018, 02:07 PM   #19
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Meh, a 30k mile lease involves one "free" oil change from BMW. I'm not sure that's a huge selling point. The odds of a mildly active Audi driver changing the oil every 7,500 or 10k miles are probably higher than one just skipping it all together. So statistically, you're more likely to get a better cared for Audi than one with BMW's dumb intervals.

I say this mostly tongue in cheek, but in theory, CPO certification warrants that all maintenance was performed. So with Audi's 10k interval, you'd be ahead of the game. Also worth pointing out that Audi and MB will still sell you maintenance plans and most of the leases offered include them.

You're mostly trying to make a point out of something that plays as a good fear tactic but isn't actually much of a real world thing.
It's not a fear tactic. It's an opinion based on some very real information. My 335i saw BMW at least 4 or 5 times, for oil changes or regular maintenance. I guarantee there was at least 3 or 4 oil changes in there done by them. My car was not a lease, but they did it every 10K miles so basically you'd get 3 on an average lease. I'd say 3 oil changes vs 0 within 36K miles is very real world. Did BMW change their intervals back to 15, because a few years back they changed it to 10. Even if it was 15, that's 2 allowances within the lease (12K is standard not 10 as you sneakily suggested). But yes, if it was certified and they had the documentation to show, then it's all good.

I just overall think any company that doesn't offer free maintenance on their leases is crazy. Unless they really don't care about how reliable their cars are are few years down. Which i'm pretty sure they all do.
Appreciate 0