wknddrivr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
If you don't like BMW products then why are you here? :
Doesn't sound like OP dislikes BMW, OP is just saying that BMWs are not true sports cars.

I happen to agree with this sentiment. They are sporty cars and they are extremely good cars, but they're not sports cars. I love my BMWs as daily drivers, but most Porsches are better drivers cars. I wouldn't want to drive a Cayman GT4 to work every day, but it would be my top choice on a weekend drive through the canyons or a track day.

The M2 is the only car in the current BMW lineup that is entertaining enough for me to be a fun weekend car. Even that is not a true sports car though...its a commuter car that has been beefed up (not meaning that to sound bad, BMW did an excellent job at modifying the base car to achieve outstanding performance and handling characteristics) but the chasis was not designed as a thoroughbred sports car in the way that a BRZ/MX-5/Cayman/911 were. Those cars were designed with performance in mind from the start, rather than taking a street car and making it into a performance car.

Again, I don't think that's a bad thing, it depends what you're looking for. I don't drive enough on the weekend to have a GT4 or something like that, so having something that's reasonably fun and livable as a daily fits me best and that's what BMW is good at.
Appreciate 3
Red Bread4462.00
dmboone254970.50
khailuan110.50