View Single Post
      05-31-2020, 12:00 PM   #34
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Interesting video I came across today about Alonso's driving style back in his championship winning days at Renault. Love or hate the guy, he's definitely a talented driver.

the thing video guy wasnt telling that Alonso was doing that on slow and slow-mid corners.. and it has direct connection how you set the car up as well.. you cant randomly do such a thing in any car.. he said Renault's back end was planted which is right but still connected how you set the car as well.. he was talking about slip angle which is right but he didnt say anything about the optimal degree.. which is 6 degrees.. more than that just causes heat and then speed loss.. when you take a look on hairpins actually front outside tire wobbles sometimes.. which means grips and loses it constantly which cause understeer naturally.. so if you have planted rear end and for putting the nose in while braking but as physics until the optimal 6 degrees it was helping putting some heat and then throw the car in.. but if you re used to watching Schumacher's on boards back in days, he was doing the same some time to time.. actually a lot of drivers do this in Monaco especially.. if you watch some footage you ll see..

Alonso is a talented driver for sure.. even though i dont like him.. he has credit for sorting out the max out of the Renault package.. didnt work that well in McLaren since he was behind a rookie in 2007.. Vettel in blown exhaust times, he adapted a style be in aggressive on throttle for letting the rear end the car for sucking to the tarmac.. cause blown exhaust are for this actually.. and i believe he still carries this style which doesnt work that well anymore causes him to spin randomly..

talent in different level for me is Senna's early throttle movements.. its in another level of harmony with man and machine.. i highly recommend seeing some footage about cause its magical.. there are some telemetry videos as well..