Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCBuff View Post
How does the Tesla stuff compare?
I have ZERO 1st hand experience. It's expensive, the shingles and storage solutions for residential are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than tradition 1ph residential pv install.

At launch there were a lot of issues, I know distributors had product in stock but were not allowed to ship to customers and it literally sat on their shelves as useless inventory hurting their numbers that corporate cares about. By now I am sure they have ironed out the kinks.

I don't even have solar on my house but I should. I want to move and rent this house out so adding solar does not really benefit me...in that situation...I guess it kind of does...assuming the new renter will pay more rent monthly to have lower utility bills and be 'green'.

If money was no object I would have the full tesla solution including a tesla to drive.

I'm worried that tesla bought SolarShitty but other than that...I think Tesla is here to stay. I would invest in their products or stocks.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/20/2...uit-negligence <-- it shows even a large nationwide company can have issues. They subbed out all the work to local contractors who did some very questionable quality work. I believe they liked to use the lowest bidder, and this is what you get from hiring the cheapest. Shoddy workmanship. These sites have arc fault detection, ground fault detection, but still fires happened.
Appreciate 0