11-06-2021, 05:36 AM   #84
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
You're comparing apples to oranges lol...

I'd wager an e30 tuned X3MC would stomp the Z06.... just saying.

I think the whole let's make a high horsepower NA V8 is archaic thinking and frankly a marketing ploy. Sure may work for awhile, but a boosted application with 3/4s the displacement would dominate.

Ask yourself this.... don't you think if BMW truly wanted to make a supercar they could?

BMW aspires to make Super "do everything" cars.... which they've mastered.

The M8GC in itself is a complete rule breaker and flat out historic.

Rememner the last time Chevy made a factory 10sec 4 seater?..... me neither.
A tuned X3M would stomp a z06 in what? A drag race? lol

So tune a z06 or modify that and the tables are reversed again.

You said i'm comparing apples to oranges but then bring a freaking small SUV that's modified to the equation.

I already said they're 2 different cars so it's foolish to compare. Not even sure why anyone would cross shop a C8 Z06, or any generation z06 to an M car. They're different cars for different purposes.

I got an M3 to GO ALONG with my C7Z. It will never, and can never be a replacement for it. Different cars. First off the M3, as gorgeous as it looks will never look as good as a C7 widebody, and doesn't even come close to what GM made with the C8Z. The car looks like a supercar and an M3 is just a 3-series with fender flares essentially.

I didn't even get to the engine part of it. A GM small block would stomp whatever BMW put in their M cars, in both sound and power efficiency.

Do i believe BMW can make a supercar? Of course. Any car maker can. But they have respectful automotive lanes to stay in. BMW knows they can't compete in the market where the corvette falls under. Because they have a different identity. And which is why i said if they did, the car would cost around 180K+ and it would still get beat by corvette.
Appreciate 1
WolfGTI716.00