Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamatokh View Post
Hi guys, I have some update on the wiper issue I had. Long story short, it is fixed.

When I took my car to the dealer this past Saturday, the dealer told me my wiper jumping was caused by the PPF film covering the windshield. The PPF film has too much surface resistance to prevent wiper from traveling smoothly across the windshield. So they help me contact the PPF company (it's the dealer outsourced vendor), and the PPF company proposed a solution by applying a coating on top of the PPF to make the surface slippery. When the job was done, the film surface is much more slippery than before (you can easily tell the difference of before and after, just by touching it with finger).

Guess what, problem solved! The wiper went so quietly and smoothly across the entire windshield surface. Unlike before, the wiper was making terrible rubbing noises when wiping.

Now the question is, how long will this coating last? I have no idea. Would it gradually disappear after a few car washes? I have no idea. If it can last for a month or two, I would be happy. If that's the case, I would consider buy the coating and apply it at home when needed. Will see the long term results, and report back again.

Cheers!
Out of curiosity, what brand of PPF did your dealer use?
Appreciate 0