View Single Post
      11-20-2021, 02:51 AM   #63
rikwynnpa
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G29 Z4 3.0

This model has had its share of issues

Much as I love my early production 3.0i version there have been a number of Z4 issues with this model that have impacted its quality score:

1. The M40i had stones get stuck in the brake hardware causing grinding or squealing issues
2. The wireless charging pad in all of the cars has given everyone phone overheating problems and it doesnt really charge well either
3. My entire infotainment system didnt work right from day 1 and took 1 year for the dealer to fix. Carplay didn't work right, my head unit was crashing at least once every trip, the car didn't sense my key and when I opened the trunk and the alarm went off about 25% of the time.
4. One of the gaskets fell out of the front distance sensor in the bumper
5. Finally there were little rubber stops in the convertible top that contacted the A pillar to make the top seat properly. Both fell out of my car and the dealer had to replace them both.

Not big things but not things you would see on a Toyota product.

Mechanically the car has been very good. Id say that 90% of my reliability issues were software related which was finally fixed by a new OS reflash this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieBeemer View Post
My vehicle status is currently in “Awaiting Carrier Assignment”. I’m excited to take possession but it’s a lot of money.

Can anyone speak to the quality they have experienced? I understand that from a performance and looks point of view the Z4 (G29) is second to none, but has anyone had any quality issues?

Are you happy with the quality?

Appreciate 1